- 1. What do you do for a living?
What job would you do for free?
Team Leader in a contact centre
Photographer for female tattooed fitness models.
2. What among the varied Brawd locations and exercises are a) the most challenging b) the most satisfying? What gets you pumped?
My favourite location is Barry Island beach, though Caswell Bay was nice – I love the sea. Most challenging exercises – weights as I’ve never done this before. Most satisfying – weights as I like to challenge myself, still on little weights but one day…
3. A live sporting event, a live gig or an open air play that you can join in with; which floats your boat the most?
I love all 3 but if I had to choose one it would be a live gig – whether it’s a local band in a pub or big stadium concert.
4. You’ve had a go at many things since joining up with Brawd, what would you like to try in the next 12 months?
SUP. I can’t swim well and have no sense of balance but it looks amazing. Saw some people down the mumbles a few years ago and it just looked so peaceful.
5. Who in the film world do people say you look like and who do you think you resemble?
In my younger, thinner and less hairy days it would have been Hugh Grant. Nowadays it’s probably the bear from The Revenant.
- 6. Before joining Brawd, what sort of exercise/sport did you do and how does it compare to what you do now?
Running and the gym but always very sporadic. Either injuries or motivation stopped me doing it consistently. That’s what I love about Brawd, the team spirit really helps with the motivation and the coaches look after you.
7. Choose 3 film sequels: Which would you like to star in, which would you write and which one would you choose the music for?
Star in: Terminator 2 as the T-1000.
Write: The Lord of the Rings – The Return of the King so I could make it shorter.
Music: The Empire Strikes Back – I would add some gansta rap.
8. At Brawd, we have branded t-shirts, training tops, hoodies etc.; which item of apparel would you like to see made? And which colour/design would it be?
Alternatively some 1980s style aerobics outfits.
9. What were the last three DVD /streaming films you watched? What are you looking forward to seeing next?
1) Rogue One
2) Wild – it was rubbish
10. What impact has Brawd had on your life?
Not a surprise but I’m fitter which is good. However the big thing for me is that my mental health has improved – I’m much calmer and more focused. I’m a big believer in exercise helping mental health.
11. What are your health and fitness goals moving forward?
I’d like to finally get rid of my belly. It’s been with me for me 15ish years and I’d like my old flat one back. The main thing is that I keep improving – run further, lift more and not die after 7 burpees.
12. What is your favourite nutritious meal and what is your guilty pleasure?
Favourite: A man salad
Guilty pleasure: Pie