I am an area Service Manager for Dennis Eagle, we manufacture and sell Bin lorries, I run a couple of workshops maintaining the vehicles and helping customers with problems and any issues they may have during the life of the fleet of vehicles.
Apache helicopter pilot… No ski instructor…No sailing yacht skipper!
2. What’s the most challenging thing you’ve done in a Brawd session and how did you feel afterwards?
Most challenging sessions are always the kettle bells, never used them before and I tend to feel tired and a bit bruised afterwards.
3. What’s Brownie’s chill-out day look like? Where are you, who are you with and what are you doing?
Love my days with my two boys Will & Ollie (see pic) off in the woods, building dens, open fire cooking on my Kelly Kettle; bacon sandwich, and cups of tea. It’s my go to day when I have the boys for a day and no school or work…
4. You were one of the members of this year’s Big Brawd Adventure. What are three abiding memories of that weekend?
BBA weekend was awesome, Coasteering never done that before, didn’t like it at first but seeing the Seal/pot/owl while we were all in the water was awesome and finding out about the joys of a drive through Zoo.
5. What is your favourite movie and if you got to start in the remake, which character would you be?
The Quiet Man and I’d be Sean Thornton (John Wayne)
6. What role does food play in your life? How has it changed over the last year?
Love food but it doesn’t control my life, I am sooo slow when eating very rarely rush a meal especially if someone has taken the time to cook it for me.
If find myself thinking more about what I am eating especially now while doing the Brawd Vale Group Personal Training.
7. If you had to take someone on a tour of the Vale, which three places/experiences would you show them?
Walk around Penarth and down the beach, Ogmore beach and Porthkerry Park
8. What’s your favourite type of Brawd workout and where does it take place?
Love the yomp around Porthkerry, but it always destroys my Achilles…working on that
9. iPod/cassette/vinyl shuffle – what are the first four songs you come across?
New Order – Regret
Duke Dumont – I Got U
Chase and Status – Time
Rudimental – Waiting all night long.
10. What impact has Brawd had on your life?
I love Brawd, had a huge effect on me; I love the banter, love the sessions, love belonging to something, really love the Brawd Vale Group Personal Training!!! I have become a bit of a Brawd bore, I rave on about it to anyone who will listen…
11. What are your health and fitness goals moving forward?
I want to get stronger, I know I will never be as fit as I used to be but I want the confidence to look at physical challenge and think I’ll have a go at that, I might be slow but I know I will get through it. I’m doing a 15 mile night march over Pen Y Fan in January so that is my next goal, doing another one in May for Velindre so will be coming after Brawd members for a bit of sponsorship (if anyone wants to sponsor me, get in touch!)
12. What is your favourite nutritious meal and what is your guilty pleasure?
Favourite meal at moment is Wholemeal Toast, Avocado and a couple of poached eggs, guilty pleasure is Ice cream. Luvs it I do!