- Keep spices in cool dark place
- Don’t be afraid to smell fish for freshness – it should NOT smell fishy
- Keep fish simple – good grind of salt, pepper and freshly squeezed lemon and or lime juice (extra tip – roll the lime quite hard between your hands to maximise the amount of juice you get out)
- Peeling an onion – see coach Andy …
- Fresh garlic tastes sweeter and should not be bruised or sprouted. Fresh garlic is firm. You can use cloves with shoots just discard the stems
- Listen to music or podcasts whilst cooking
- If it don’t work first time don’t worry. Some of the best and worst experiments in the kitchens are responsible for how we eat today.
- For creamy dressing change out the mayo for greek yoghurt, low fat natural yoghurt or SKYR
- Left over sauce? Put it in ice cube trays and freeze – then you can use as a quick sauce by putting a frozen cube in a cup in the microwave and/or small frying pan
- Recipes are a GUIDE – feel free to replace similar ingredients.
- Is your Oil hot enough? Place a wooden spoon in the oil and if it bubbles around the wood then get it those ingredients in!
- If you can – rest steaks at room temp for about an hour before cooking
- If cooking pastry – use a weighing scales – this is a fine art!
- Always use high quality olive oil – the ingredients should be just pressed olives not other cheap oils
- Sharp knifes are much safer
- Rub fingers in stainless steel sink for 20 secs to get rid of garlic smell
Like what you see?
Checkout Coach Lloydy’s cookbook here :
Click this link for Lloydy’s cookbook